Random Thoughts on the Universe

Monday, May 29, 2006

Assorted Links I

Instead of writing an article today, I have decided to list a few of my favorite websites:

Any decent physics listing has to start with the serious stuff. Physics is one of the few industries in which all work is available for free on the internet. The main collection of research is the Arxiv. But there are other groups have indexed the arxiv and other collections, making for easier searching for papers through SPIRES and important reviews of different subjects are given at the Net Advance of Physics. Existing bounds on new physics and the most precise values of physical constants are provided by the Particle Data Group. For all mathematics questions, the Mathworld site provides an amazingly extensive source of information.

There are also a number of interesting newsletters/blogs on modern physics. John Baez's site lists very interesting topics in mathematics and mathematical physics, while the Cosmic Variance blog provides coverage of general physics topics

Those are my favorite websites. I will be adding more as I find them, and I would encourage anyone with a physics website to add it as a comment. (However 'alternate physics' sites will be removed unless they are really good and really interesting)

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com